Skin Care for the Bride-To-Be
Your marriage is on the cards. Must be excited! Things are falling in line but – hey! – What about your face? Don’t you want to look and feel beautiful that day? Then waste no more time and start taking care of yourself from this moment onwards.
Golden Glory: To get a golden glow on your face you need one tablespoonful of gram flour, a pinch of turmeric powder, 1/2 a spoon of honey and 1/2 a spoon of olive oil. Instead of olive oil you can even mix a tablespoonful of almond oil. Mix all the ingredients well into a paste and apply evenly to your face, arms and even legs. Wash it off after 20 minutes.
Milky Way: Milk is not only good for health but, if applied to the skin, does wonder there too. Mix crushed bread slices in un-boiled milk and before your bath, rub it on your body and of course your face too. Instantly a shine can be noticed. Apart from this take a handful of masoor dal and almonds. Soak it in water overnight. Grind it into a very fine paste after removing the shells. Mix a little raw milk in the paste and apply for 20-25 minutes. Rinse with normal water.
Egg wonder: You might be in your 20s but the signs of premature aging cannot just be hidden with make-up. Just take an eggshell and with your finger take out the stuff left in the shell and apply it to your face. This is a good remedy for wrinkled skin. Continue using it even after marriage to keep away the unwanted stuffy lines from your face.
Soft Glow: Peel a cucumber and grind it. Add un-boiled milk to it, make a fine paste and apply it. It softens the skin and enhances the complexion too.
White Magic: Take two tablespoonful’s of curd. Mix well. Now add gram flour to it and again beat it well. Apply it your face and leave it on for about 25 minutes. It is quite effective in cases of suntan or sunburn.
Soft and silky: For soft and silky skin, take a handful of Urad dal and grind it into fine powder. Add rose water, glycerin and almond oil to it. Mix well to get a fine soft paste. Apply it and leave it on for a few minutes and you bet the difference will be noticeable.
Earthy beauty: Though fuller’s earth has been in use for ages, its magical effects in treating skin cannot be denied. To feel the earthy effect on the skin take a spoonful of multani metti. Add a tablespoonful of rose water and prepare a thick paste. Apply a thick coat to the oily part of your face and a light coat to the dry part. Let it remain for five-10 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water. Results may vary from person to person.
Fresh smile: Take sandalwood paste, add rose water and apply it to your face. Sandalwood has a cooling effect on the skin. If your skin is oily, this pack can be avoided. Apart from this to feel fresh take a teaspoonful of turmeric powder. Add to it sandal powder, and Bengal gram flour. Make a paste and apply it once a day and leave it on for about 1/2 an hour before your bath. This is an excellent beauty aid to keep your face fresh and soft.
Cool down, baby: Soak fresh green mint leaves in water for a few minutes. Grind it into a fine paste and apply to your face evenly. Leave it on for about 20 minutes. Your skin will feel cool.
Utterly butterly yumm! If your face is dry due to heat, beat a teaspoonful of butter in water and apply to your face. If its white butter the results would be far better. To get white butter at home just take the cream of boiled milk and churn it in a mixer. You will get white butter instantly. The quantity of cream depends on how much butter you need.
- Take the white of an egg, beat it, add to it three tablespoonful’s of powdered oats (easily available in the market), one tablespoonful of honey, mix well and apply to your face.
- If your skin is too dry take the yolk of one egg. Add to it a table -spoonful of orange juice, half a spoon of lemon juice and a few drops of sweet almond oil. Mix it well, beat it and apply. Keep it on for half an hour before washing it off.
- Take a papaya and mash it well into a thick paste and rub it on cracked heels to remove dead cell and make feet softer. You can even apply to the face.
- Finely grate an apple and add honey to it. Mix it well and apply to your face. Leave it on for 5-7 minutes. Your skin will not only feel hydrated but it will relieve the stress too…
- If you have oily skin, try this one. Mix one tablespoonful of freshly squeezed apple juice with ¼ teaspoon of lime juice. Apple skin can be used as an effective skin cleanser.
- Fresh orange peel, if rubbed on the skin, tightens it and even improves the texture and colour of the skin.
- Take the juice of two oranges and freeze it in an ice tray. Rub your face with frozen orange juice cubes. The fatigue and tiredness will vanish in a few moments. You have to use it to believe it.
- Pomegranates are excellent for oily and combination skin. Massage pomegranate juice on your face for around 10 minutes and then wash it off for an instant glow.
- Pomegranate juice acts as an astringent and is also a natural toner.
- Watermelon is quiet effective in removing blemishes from the skin. Apply the juice of watermelon to your face and neck. Leave it on for about 15 minutes. Rinse the juice with warm water. Splash your face and neck with cold water afterwards to close the pores.
- Softly massage the inner part of the peel of a peach on your face for a few minutes before sleeping at night. This will take off all the dirt that might have accumulated in the pores during the day. It also tightens the muscles of the face.
- Tomato is excellent for face and skin care. Rub it on your face, neck and arms for beautiful skin.